In Africa, we need a new generation of leadership:
- Leadership who will believe in Africa, invest in Africa and its people.
- Leadership who will unite Africa through trade, sharing of skills and expertise.
- Leadership who will fuel economic GROWTH by encouraging employment opportunities from sourcing raw material to producing final product.
- Leadership who will enforce one currency in Africa and one Afri-academic language across Africa.
- Leadership who will promote research and innovation.
- Leadership that is not greedy, driven by passion, commitment and objectives to develop Africa .
- Leadership that will understand that the life of Africans and those who live in Africa matters.
- Leadership who will make Africa an equal partner in the world, not a child.
- Leadership that is independent (not influenced by outside forces), courageous, accountable and smart.
- United leadership for Africa, not for themselves.
- Leadership with no foreign political master agenda.
- The Africa where no one dies from poverty, Africa that is free from civil, political and rebels wars. Africa that is free from its self-hatred. Africa that is free in its land, free from identity crisis, free from economic exclusion, free from racism and tribalism. An Africa that is not landless to its people.
- The Africa that is self-sustainable, not relying on donors, IMF, World Bank and China.
- An Africa that is African and modern … an Africa that promotes African identity and all that is African.
I dream of that Africa.
By Sthembiso Gumede
Photo by Hu Chen/Unsplash